SCHOOLWISE WORKSHOP: FINDING THE RIGHT SCHOOL
Confused by all the school options out there these days? Waiting lists, pre-kindy, kindy, private, public… finding the right school for your child can be such a minefield to try to navigate. Perhaps your child is just a baby or toddler, but you’re hearing people tell you that if you don’t want to miss out on a place at a private or alternative school, you need to get your child’s name on a waiting list now, but they’re just so little still – how will you know what kind of school will suit them in 4 or 5 years’ time?
This workshop will cover:
- School starting age: When does your child have to start school? What is the difference between pre-kindy, kindy and pre-primary and what are the advantages and disadvantages to starting school at each of these ages? What other options are there for when to start school?
- What to Look for in a Good School: what to look for in a great school & what makes a school excellent?
- Tips for Touring Schools: What to look for when touring a school, the questions to ask that will tell you the most about a school, important things to consider.
- School Options: What are the different school options available for your child here in Perth? What are Steiner, Montessori and Reggio Emilia about? What is the difference between public and private schools? What other options are available?
- What School Suits You? Questions to help you find the best type of education for your particular child and your family.
NEXT WORKSHOP: Sunday 24th September, 1 - 4pm
WHERE: South Perth Library Function Room.
Corner Sandgate St and South Terrace, South Perth
CLICK HERE TO BOOK
GETTING STARTED WITH HOME EDUCATION WORKSHOP
Have you ever been curious about Home Education (also known as Homeschooling)?
Perhaps you've decided to take the leap but do not know where to start.
Perhaps you've recently started home educating but are confused by the curriculum or wondering about your moderator visit?
Perhaps your child is unhappy at school and you're looking for a short or long term educational option that might suit him or her better, or provide the support they need until they're ready to return to school.
Perhaps your child is still little and you are not sure that they'd cope with 6 hours a day, 5 days a week of schooling at age 5, and like the idea of a more flexible education until they are more ready for the rigors of formal education.
No matter what your situation, this workshop will provide everything you need to know about what is involved with home education and how you get started, should you choose to do so. It's a comprehensive look at how home education works, what to do and how to do it, as well as addressing frequently asked questions and leaving participants feeling confident to start their home education journey, or confident that they can make an informed choice about home education.
NEXT WORKSHOP: To Be Confirmed. Please email us if you'd like to be notified of our next Getting Started Workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org